Foam concrete is also known as foam cement, bubble concrete, etc; Foam concrete is a type of spumyconcrete materials with a great number of tiny, closed and uniform pores; These pores in interior of the materials have a great deal of air, which, of the best thermal inertia than any other material, degrades largely the thermal conductivity of foam concrete materials; The pores in the materials are closed and disconnected to each other so that convective circulation cannot be formed. Meanwhile, the concrete is separated inside by pores, which, of spherical shape, are encompassed by cement paste film so that the interface increases the resistance to thermal penetration. Thus the material is featured by light weight, high strength, heat preservation, heat insulation, sound insulation and water resistance and shock absorption; Generally, foam concrete is mainly used to reduce structure weight or insulate sound and heat.
Performance Features of Foam Concrete:
1. Compressive strength and ageing resistance: Traditional chemical heat Insulting materials cannot have its compressive strength and ageing Resistance satisfied all the time though attain the effect of heat insulation.
However, light foam concrete, as the substitute product for the traditional One, can completely solve this problem;
2. Light weight: With a density between 200 kg/m3 and 1200kg/m3, it can Effectively reduce the burden of buildings;
3. Good sound insulation: Light foam concrete has better sound insulation As much as 5-8 times than ordinary cement, fully solving the problem of Sound insulation in respect of dwelling space;
4.4. Excellent high thermal resistance: Foam concrete is applicable to a Temperature as high as over 400 degree
5. Improving steadiness and life-span of insulating layer: The insulating Layer of foam cement has high steadiness and ageing resistance, which Effectively ensures the flooring of flattening without cracks. Its life-span is 5-10 times the polystyrene board, and above 5 times the perlite Particles;
6. Good environmental performance: Addition agent used in foam cement is plant protein fiber and animal protein, both of which are free of hazards. While the chemical heat insulating materials such as organic heat Insulating material and perlite particles will emit toxic gases when heated to a high temperature;
7. Good heat-insulating property: Coefficient of heat conductivity is 0.06 -
0.20w/m. K, 20-30 times of general concrete.
8. Excellent compression strength: When density is 350kg/m3, Compressive strength during the period of 7 days is 6kg/cm2 and 9kg/cm2 During 28 days.
9. Simple construction: Foam concrete is fluid conveyed by Machines in high pressure, which economizes manpower and Materials. The surface is luster and flattening after setting.
10. Good moisture resistance: There will not present condensation Of moisture around warm water pipes when supplying heat and no Scission between each layer;
11. Excellent associativity: The material for foam concrete is Concrete, so that it integrates very well with upper and lower Layers, and will not form hollow or caving on the ground;
12. High speed of construction: Each machine can operate 1000-3000 m2 for every shift, shortening the construction period;
13. Good integrity: The pouring at one time has not gaps, and can Unite with the cast-in-place floors and mortar layers so as to be a Whole;
Mature applied technique of foam cement:
1. Indoor bedding of foam concrete
2. Walling unit of foam concrete
3. Roof insulation of foam concrete(Roof insulation is the earliest and also most mature technique in China in respect of foam concrete project)
Foam concrete is a new heat insulating materials of recycle waste, environmental protection and low cost. It has special air-entrapping structure, excellent heat-insulating property and promising application prospect.